Saturday, January 7, 2012

First Infusion Day

January 3rd, 2012 -

Everything went smoothly. We were there for 5 hours of infusion time, 7 hours all together to get blood work, then see Dr. Crew and then into the infusion suite. Our nurse Sarah was great, gave us a lot of information and wrote down exactly how much of each treatment we were getting and how long that would take. The first infusion was of Benadryl which put me out within about 1/2 hour. I slept through most of the day while Simon watched over me and got me water and made sure I didn't lose my blanket and pillow. I wore my travel bands throughout the entire infusion, never felt nauseous but am still tired tonight! Probably from the Benadryl/Jet Lag combo.

2 comments:

  1. I have to say that when I first saw the title of your blog the first thought that came to mind was how "tiene" is Spanish for "he/she/it has (something) so it came off like "has fire" as in "she has fire" which I'm sure many of your admirers think of you - you have spark, energy, warmth, fire. But then I read the actual story and like that as well. :)

    Anyhow, enough of my stream of consciousness babbling, thank you for sharing your experiences with us and I look forward to future updates~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Traci!! I love the "she has fire" reference - definitely can work it.

    ReplyDelete