Tuesday, January 3, 2012

And the Decision Is...

December 1, 2011 - After meeting with Dr. F - we decided he was the right surgeon for us. Dr. Sheldon Feldman is the Head of Breast Surgery at Presbyterian Hospital at Columbia University in Manhattan, NY (Columbia/Presbyterian). I really like him and Simon feels at ease with him, even if he was over the phone. I made an appointment with one of his oncologists Dr. Katherine Crew and we meet with her on Tuesday the 6th. Dr. Feldman's office scheduled an MRI for me that morning so it will all work well. The only downfall is that it is all the way up in Washington Heights and a bit of travel for us. But, I used to work at the Social Workers College back in the 80's so I remembered the commute - and the neighborhood still feels amazingly familiar! I still haven't met my Patient Navigator Nancy, but I will stop by to see her on Tuesday. Just now, I got a call from Dr. Feldman's Office asking for a blood test, I have a script for a blood test at my PCP's office which is much closer, I'll go do that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment