Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Film Delivery

November 28th After calling the original hospital where I had the primary tests I arranged to pick up the film for the mammogram and sonogram so I could drop them off at Dr. F's office. No wait at the hospital, went to the x-ray file room, the clerk asked my name and DOB (all identification is done through DOB) and then went into these cool rolling stacks and came out with a huge envelope. The mammogram was the big film and the sonogram snaps were smaller. Took them and the pathology report from Dr. B into Manhattan. The receptionist at Dr. F's office was very nice, made copies of the pathology report and had me sign a paper, I signed it, she handed me a copy and then I read it (maybe I should have read it first). It was a form allowing Dr. F's radiologists to interpret my film, stating that I would pay for it even if my insurance didn't. I asked the receptionist for the form back, that I hadn't read it and I didn't want to approve that until I had spoken with the Dr and we had determined if it was necessary. She wrote on the form that I needed to give a verbal consent before approval, but she wouldn't give it back. I should also have picked up the slide from the biopsy but no one had been specific with me about getting those. oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment